There are 2 types of cooking that I can have day-after-day-after-day and they're sweet & sour and soy sauce. Be it chicken, beef, fish, crabs or any kinda seafood. Maybe because they'r just simply delicious or maybe because they'r so easy to make. The basic ingredients would be shallots, ginger and garlic. Lately I have been making a lot of spicy honey chicken since it's always a hit among my friends. As the name goes, chili paste is a must to get the spiciness. Not just cut chilies (for a simple sweet & sour) but the paste.
When i cook, there would be the easy (simply malas or not enuf time) or not so easy way of making them. Here, im gonna share the not so easy but not that difficult way of making it.You can use any parts of chicken or just chicken wings or the whole chicken even. Please do not run away and give up before you read the recipe and method. ;)
10pcs of chicken (bone in)
3 teaspoon tumeric powder
1.5 teaspoon salt
12 dried red chilies (soaked in hot water and deseeded)
4-spices (3 star anise seed,6 cloves,6 cardamon & 2in cinnamon stick), rinsed
7 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoon oil
1/2 onion, sliced
1. Marinate the chicken with tumeric powder and salt. Deep fry (slowly) them and keep aside.
2. Grind ingredients in B with a little bit of water.
3. Heat up the oil in the wok and add the 4-spices until fragrant and then add/stir-fry items B.
4. Add the rest of the items in C and continue stirring.
5. Keep tasting until you get the desired taste and lastly put the chicken in. Stir and serve.