Winter in SoCal is not really winter. I kid you not. 2 weeks ago we were having spring-like season and then wham! it gets really cold. Not that kind of cold where you'l get snow though. Its the other kind that comes with the rain. The temp now is around 58F or 13 C and it will go down much lower later at night.
Anyways, we decided to watch the Cloverfield last sunday. Personally, I found it excrutiatingly painful to watch. Yup. I didn like it at all. Now, before anybody starts jumping the gun on me, let me remind you again that this is MY own personal opinion. Other people might find it interesting and im not 1 of them. Im sure most of you remember the movie The Blair Witch Project? Remember that the whole movie was taken using the camcorder? Well, the same goes to Cloverfield. The first 25min of the movie was nothing else but the characters filming their morning and day out and continued with the planning of the farewell party.
Im not going to tell you the whole story but here are among the things that just dont make sense to me even for a hollywood movie standard:
1) if you were being chased/attacked/mauled by aliens/animal/something, would you still be carrying ur camera?
2) after no.1 above, can you still climb up and down 59floors (!) to help a girl tht your friend likes/loves even after she came to the party with another guy and you didn even know if shes alive?
3) hell after no. 1 would you still wanna do no. 2 rather than straight to the evacuation place??
4) the said girl was found with a re-bar sticking out of her chess and after much difficulty in freeing her fr it and getting her out of the building (bleeding and all), she could suddenly run like she was not even hurt.
5) the heli that they were in crashed. the pilot who was wearing the helmet died but ALL 3 of them miraculously survived.
So there you go, thats my take on the movie. If you like the movie, do share why ok?
On another note, both dvds that arrived in the mail from blockbuster.com turned out to be un-playable. We thought our player was bad but luckily we still have another movie with us so we know for sure that it was those dvds rather than the player. ;)