Anything and everything under the sun

Nuffnang

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Barack Obama - The New Kid on The Block

I wanted to write about our recent trip to the Yosemite National park but since today is the inauguration, I thought I would write about that instead. I will write about the trip next ok?

I woke up at 6.30am this morning and turned the tv on. Today is the day that Mr Barack Obama becomes the 44th President of the United States of America and I would not want to miss it. Not that that was the reason I woke up early. That is just the normal time for me to wake up so I can help Michael get ready to work. His coffee, sodas, water and lunch.

Anyway, when I see the throng of people in front of the White House, it reminded me of the day when Prince Charles married the late Princess Diana. Don't you think so? The picture was somewhat the same with thousands of people waiting to see and millions more glued in front of the tv. It was surreal. President Obama (no more president-elect!) is likable. Like Diana was. He is rather young (for a president), so was Diana when she married Charles. He listens about things and the world, so did Diana. He is a people person and so was Diana.

Now, I am no expert in politic. Not Malaysian politics and definitely not other countries. That is why I hardly ever talk about politics. What I say and see would be from a layman's point of view. And as a layman, I see that President Obama is very likable. Nobody knows how different he is going to be from the previous ones but what he inherited is by no mean 'peanuts' problems. And boy, does he already has a lot on his plate or what? The economy is at its worst. Housing market is down and people are losing their homes. Financial market is somewhat free-falling no thanks to the greedy bast***s and the administrative that enabled them to keep being greedy bast****s that they are. Companies and businesses are closing and people are losing jobs. More and more people can't afford healthcare while the healthcare companies keep making millions of profit by charging exorbitant fees and denying healthcare to (some of) the subscribers. Then there is the Gaza situation where at least 700 civilians died including children and women. I doubt anybody inherited that much as does President Obama. Let us all pray that he would make good judgements and decisions that would be good to the majority.




12 comments:

pearly said...

hi dear :
sorry haven't pop around much ,but when I had the chance I try ,with bb pain in the bottom.:P

yes today the whole world is celebration Mr Barack Obama the 44th President of the United States .
well! hope wat his promise is a promise to ppl in USA .
have a lovely day xxxxxxx

pearly said...

sorry me again
got a picture tag from me to you !

Pi Bani said...

I think the whole world is looking forward to what Obama can do. A huge task ahead for him.

As for the economy, I think the whole world is suffering lah.

Desert Rose said...

Gud Luck with ur brand new Mr President...

Hope he is the man everybody wish he is..

Clarisse Teagen said...

DANG!@
I totally forgot about the inauguration. I'm you tubing now.
Thanks for blogging about it.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

anything better than bush jr. and i mean anyTHING!

anyway, i caught the whole hullabaloo too. Obama seems ok i guess but he better be prepared. soon he'll have all his critics hot on his trail, giving him with only room to breathe.

Brecht said...

Dear Farina
I am finally here, i hv tried coming to your blog with the old pc but it refuses to upload this page! frustrating betul! Now it does upload but it took sometime still, well anyways, i look forward to you writing about your winter getaway ; ) Saw pictures of it on facebook, looks adventurous! And like the rest of us in the world, we do hope Obama makes a difference to USA and the world! He has alot to do with only 4 years to do them and to top that he has to clean up the mess left behind by the Bush administration. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Cheers for now, i best get some studying done for my Dutch exams besok.

Mama Huptihup said...

yes, we hope he will bring change to the USA and also to the world, especially in Afganistan, Iraq also the never ending Gaza crisis...if he doesn't...then it is just another old stories being served to us :D

I like his strong speech:D..not pura2 buat sedih like Mr. bush-man

drNO said...

gud luck..hahha
may he brought changes that many people are hoping for.
too much hope for a person to handle. crossed fingers he would manage to fulfill most of it.

nak tgk gambar pg Yosemite!!!

Salt N Turmeric said...

Pearly, no worries. Kiss Aden for me pls!

Pi, memang world economy tengah suffering but i think mostly sbb what happened here lah. Manusia yg tamak haloba aka hedge fund mgrs.

Desert Rose, semoga lah. But he is only 1 man.

Clarisse, hope you watched it already.

Kerp, im sure that is exactly what most ppl had in mind!

Mush, i dah tengok new notebook u. Memang my PJ page lambat pulak d/load lately ni. I dunno why.

Lyana, i pun dont mind dengar dia bercakap dari yg sebelum ni. tak kuasa sungguh dengar suara dia and yg macam pandai tu. lol.

Dr.No, some ppl macam hoping for a miracle pulak from him pulak. Have to give him time lah kan? Gambar Yosemite nanti i letak. Dah ada kat fb and fotopages.

Daphne Ling said...

Hi Kak Farina,

What you said in the last line...And let's hope Obama's fate is not the same as Princess Diana's...

Julie Lim said...

I walk into Times Bookstore and Obama is practically in my face on the cover of almost every magazine!

People are excited cause he's the first black President.

And being elected in the midst of an economic crisis, the world wants to know what he can do to bail the United States out.

On a lighter note, the President of the United States has a Malaysian relative! Who would imagine that ever happening!