Yesterday I posted the pic of my nasi lemak. Gert and J.T. asked for the recipe. The first few times I made my sambal tumis, Iv always used dried chili but I find the dry chili here in the US to be too hot. So I have farina-ised it so its easier to make and tho stil hot/spicy, its not the kinda that would make u burn ur mouth/tongue for a week. Maybe just for a few hours. hehe! kidding lah. I sure do hope I dont forget any ingredients.
A. 10-15pcs prawn, de-veined
1/2 onion, sliced
B. 1 bottle of sambal oelek (theyr available at regular supermarket too)
5 fresh red chili
vege oil (abt 1/4cup )
1 teaspoon powdered tamarind (or 3tablespoon of fresh tamarind juice)
2 tablespoon salt
1 cup sugar
1. Grind all ingredients in B.
2. Heat up the oil in the wok (med high) and put the B ingredients in. Keep stirring for about 10min.
3. Add water, tamarind powder/juice, salt and sugar. Continue stirring for 4-5min. Taste and add salt/sugar if necessary.
4. Put in the prawn and sliced onion, stir a little a bit and cover for 3-4min.
5. Uncover, stir and taste. Let it set for another 3-4min and serve.
When I made them last week, I made enough that I had the nasi lemak for 2 days and 2 nights straight. Im not kidding you. I did! I also put half of them in a tupperware and freeze them so the next time time I crave for nasi lemak, I dont have to trouble myself. All I have to do is, make the rice and re-heat my sambal tumis.
Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
4 years ago